Monday, May 7, 2012

Steam Beer


Here's a picture of the Steam Beer that I took last weekend. I was hoping that it would have been a little better, as the the picture doesnt show how clear the beer actually is in person. We're happy with the beer though and may even make it again next year for a spring-type beer.

 In other news, we took a couple of samples from the Belgian Pale Ale and the Schwarzbier this weekend. Both are tasting pretty good, although not fully carbonated yet. I was a bit worried that the Belgian Pale may have fermented a little warm and thrown some esters, but they seem to be in check in the sample we had. The schwarz is tasting really good as well. It's nice and smooth, with just a hint of roast (I may add some more roast the next time we make it) and will be a welcomed addition to the tap list.

 We decided to hook up the schwarz now and take the Belgian Pale out of the fridge to condition/age for a few weeks until we empty another keg. I think I've mentioned it before, but I'm not sure how our Belgian's will do once kegged. They always seem to improve after about 6-8 weeks in the bottle, but if they are in the keg at 38 degrees, I don't anticipate much aging to occur. To combat that, we carbonated the Belgian Pale for a week in the kegerator, and then we'll leave it in the garage at room temperature to condition for a few weeks. Hopefully the extra time at room temp will get the beer to where we want it by the time it goes on tap.

#TeamDietrich

No comments:

Post a Comment