Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tasting: Anniversary Barleywine '10



In honor of finding out about Cooper today, I thought I'd crack another BW to sip on tonight. Here are some previous posts about the beer: anniversary and brewing in case anyone wants to look back on where the beer came from.

Brewed: 1/3/2010
OG: 1125
FG: 1030
Alcohol: 12.54%

Appearance: no carbonation, no head; very red and dense looking

Aroma: very sweet, some alcohol, fruity esters but a very "smooth" overall aroma

Taste: a lot of body, pretty sweet, nice and malty, some fruity esters, strong bitterness which balances the malt very nicely and is classic for an American BW. It hides the 12.6% alcohol very well, making it suprisingly easy to drink.

Overall: I dont think the flavor is that much different from the last time I had one, but that was about 2 months ago and in the overall age of the beer (~15 months), 2 months isnt that much. This is a very good BW in my opinion. We've got about 10 bottles left (including the 4 that are saved for 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015) and since I dont like drinking it by myself very much, hopefully there will be a good amount left for Elise and I to enjoy together. I wish it would have carbonated, but hopefully we can figure that out with the next batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment