Friday, July 20, 2012

Saison

Tonight we bottled the Cottage House Saison that was brewed on the 4th of July. The yeast did a very good job of attenuating as the beer went from 1064 to 1004 for 7.8% alcohol. Definitely not a session beer, which is worrisome because the samples were tasting very very good. It seems pretty easy drinking, so we'll have to be careful with this one. I think I could smell the lemon zest that we added as the beer has a nice bright citrus aroma, with a little bit of spice, maybe from the yeast, maybe from the pepper. Either way, I'm very excited about this beer and I think it's going to be a great summer beer.

On Sunday after work I'll be brewing the English Porter. It's a simple recipe with only 3 grains and hopefully it will also be a quick turnaround beer to finally get something on our 3rd tap. I'll post some more about that beer on Sunday as well as some photos of the hops.


#TeamDietrich

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, just stumbled upon your site from the Northern Brewer Forum. I like what I see so far and will keep up with some of your postings. I've got a Saison on tap right now that attenuated like yours after we overshoot our SG leaving us with a 7.5% brew. Oh well...

    Anyways, just wanted to say nice work and that you should take a look at my new blog. Not much yet but I plan on really getting into it.

    http://inhousebrew.weebly.com/homebrewing-blog.html

    ReplyDelete