Sunday, June 24, 2012

Black IPA

Busy weekend, so this will be a short post. We've finally brewed the Black IPA again and hit numbers similar to last time. The original gravity was 1.070, which if it ferments as well as the last version, should result in about 7.2-7.5% alcohol. We used some of the yeast from the Double Pale Ale for the Black IPA and will save the rest for future brews. We are going to rush this one through a bit, similar to the Double Pale, and will hopefully be drinking it in about 3 weeks.

The Double Pale is sitting in the garage at 30 PSI and will stay there until tomorrow morning at which point I'll take it off the gas and then put it in the kegerator on Wednesday night. We dry hopped with an ounce of Citra and 0.5 oz of Chinook. We havent used Citra before so we are looking forward to seeing what kind of aromas we get out of that hop.

We also took a quick sample from the Raspberry RIS and have decided to let it go another 3-5 days before we bottle. I was going to finally get around to cleaning the keg that we stored the RIS in and discovered that there was a decent amount of beer still in there (I dont how we didnt get it out when we racked it to the carboy). When I found the beer I quickly put the lid back on the the keg and hit with CO2 to seal it. I am assuming it's still clean, and not infected, so when we bottle, I'll just add it to the rest of the beer that was on the raspberries. No plans yet for the next brew, but I'll bet we do something in 3-4 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment