Thursday, December 29, 2011

Obituary: Biere de Marrs


Sad day. We drank the last of the Biere de Marrs, our Biere de Garde that was secondaried on Brett B. There beer did not seem to change that much over the course of it's life, but it was very good to start out with. It was a fairly light beer, but it had a nice sweetness and a nice crisp citrusy, funky, twang thanks to the Brett. It was nicely carbonated and it went very well with a lot of different foods ranging from burritos to pasta to roasted dishes. Overall, I enjoyed this beer very much and will definitely make it again in the future.




Elise received a book on Exposure settings for our camera and as such, has already been taking some cool pictures. The photo below is the Raspberry Imperial Stout (delicious combination with brownies) and I thought I would add the picture becuase I thought it was a neat photo.


More posts to come, I need to take pictures of the super cool oxygenation system as well as the stir plate I am building. Several beers are also planned during my time off: Anniversary Barleywine '12, Belgian Dubbel, and with our neighbor we are going to make a Black IPA and another Double Pale Ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment